Emergency Donations: Making an Impact to fight the stress of COVID-19!
Impact 100 East Bay has donated $500 to the following organizations to help them through COVID-19, you can make a personal impact by donating directly. Their “emergency wish lists” are:
- CASA (https://www.cccocasa.org/) could use $50 gift cards for the foster youth it serves, aged 14 – 21. Ordinarily, most CASA clients work while attending school. However, since the current health crisis, very few are working. They could really use the help.
- Covenant House (https://www.covenanthouse.org/) could use additional money to cover increased food and janitorial costs now that more youth are accessing its Wellness Center during these challenging times. As usage of its services has grown, Covenant House has seen its food and facility cleaning costs increase by 40%, which has added $11,840 each month to its existing budgeted costs.
- Here’s the direct link to make monetary donations, https://covenanthousecalifornia.org/donate-now/. Alternatively, donations can be made through Smile.Amazon to cover Oakland campus needs. https://smile.amazon.com/hz/charitylist/ls/3G8WMJMNADB7/ref=smi_cl_ls_lol_ls
- MedShare (https://www.medshare.org/western-regional-council/) cash donations will be greatly appreciated.
- MISSSEY (https://misssey.org/) will graciously accept monetary gifts at this time. Other needed items include food gift cards in any denomination, unopened boxes of N95 masks, unopened boxes of gloves, as well as nutritious grab-and-go foods like granola bars, nuts, dried fruits, protein bars. Donations can be made by calling Misssey’s Covid-19 Resource Line.
MISSSEY COVID-19 Resource Line: 510-224-5937, Resource Line Hours: Mon-Thurs (10am-7pm)
- Opportunity Junction (https://www.opportunityjunction.org/) lists technology devices, such as laptops for students as well as grocery store gift cards as its top emergency needs.
- Reading Partners (https://readingpartners.org/location/sf-bay-area/) will graciously accept donations to support its Sponsor a Summer campaign which continues its mission of providing students with accessible literacy resources.
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship’s (https://www.sfeda.org/renaissance-entrepreneurship-center) needs monetary donations to support its consulting services and online trainings for low income English and Spanish-speaking clients whose small businesses have been decimated by the shelter-in-place directive.
- Tri-Valley Haven (http://www.trivalleyhaven.org/) cash donations will be greatly appreciated.
- White Pony Express (https://www.whiteponyexpress.org/) needs a GPS system to track its deliveries, as well as money to cover increased fuel costs for its fleet, and portable AC units at its distribution center.