International Women’s Day was celebrated on March 8th. Its theme, #ChooseToChallenge, is fitting for the work that Impact100 East Bay is committing to in 2021. On March 13th members of our Board, including 7 new members, met to align strategies for accomplishing our goal of growing our membership over the next 5 years. We discussed how best to work together to support that effort and each other. Awarding 3 Impact Grants per year began as an aspirational challenge. We are poised to turn that intention into reality, step by step, beginning this year.
We kicked off the year with our largest number of members to date, enabled by all of you and two very generous sponsors who are backing the membership of several additional women. Using this new baseline as a springboard, Stephanie Shaw and Stacey Stevens, our Membership Co-Chairs have generated exciting plans to help us achieve our goal over time.
Under the banner of 3 key initiatives, new efforts to grow membership will begin this year.
- Enhance the Member Experience
- Improve the volunteer experience
- Update website content and backend support systems to streamline enrollment & connection
- Introduce more storytelling about the Impact100 story, our members, previous grant recipients and issues facing the East Bay
- Engage Current Members
- Form interest groups and host pop-up social events (contingent on pandemic protocols)
- Assign Ambassadors to connect with new and continuing members
- Host 4 Community Events each year, with speakers addressing key issues, including the impact of past grants, celebrating our member volunteers and past grant recipients
- Expand Membership
- In new locations and demographics
- Through member-hosted events
- Reengage “paused” former members
- Focus on increasing member sponsorships and scholarships
We will also tackle a few operational projects to ensure that we have the tools and processes ready to support increased membership. One key component will be to revamp our website to serve as a valuable resource for members and those seeking to learn more about the Impact100 model and our chapter. While focusing on membership, we will also continue the critical work of the Grants Committee, bringing forward another group of extremely qualified nonprofit finalists for member consideration and voting. We’ll be planning Meet the Finalists and the Grant Award Celebration for later this year. Our new Marketing and Communication Co-Chairs, Angel Moore and Alexis Bonn, and team are enthusiastically ready to step up to support all of it!
Our Board is raring to go. There’s urgent work to be done and we eagerly invite you to play a part in meeting the challenge.
Carol Nitz, President on behalf of the Impact 100 East Bay Board
Wende Amerie, VP; Sylvia Inchausti, Secretary; Debbie Vargas, Treasurer; Jialin Hu, Asst Treasurer; Claudia Polidori, Governance
Stephanie Shaw & Stacey Stevens, Membership; Jane Durkin & Denise Coyne, Grants; Connie Driscoll & Pat Adams, Big 3 Events;
Angel Moore & Alexis Bonn, Marketing and Communication and Nancy Clark, Founder & President Emeritus.