Impact 100 East Bay offers limited scholarships to women who are interested in joining but cannot make the financial commitment of $1,000. Our objective in providing scholarships is to tap women with talents and skills that could be useful within our chapter; broaden the diversity of our membership; and encourage younger women to develop their philanthropic practice. Scholarship candidates are women who have a passion for philanthropy, identify with our mission and can commit to becoming actively involved in our organization.
Things to know:
- Our scholarship funds are donated, and do not come out of the membership funds. As a result, funds may not be available every year to grant scholarships.
- A scholarship may be offered to both new and returning Impact100 East Bay members.
- Applicants are eligible to receive a scholarship only once.
- Scholarships cover a portion of the recipient’s annual membership contribution, not the full amount.
- Scholarship recipients have all the full rights, privileges, and expectations of membership.
We currently offer two types of scholarships.
- Member Match – This scholarship is available to all potential members or existing members. Approved candidates will receive $500 of the required membership contribution from Impact100 East Bay, and the recipient will contribute $500. The member is expected to make the full $1000 contribution the following year.
- Young Philanthropist – This scholarship is available to young women age 18 – 39 and spans a three-year period. The Young Philanthropist contribution increases each year based on the following schedule:
- Year-1. Member contribution = $350. Impact 100 EB will contribute $650;
- Year-2. Member contribution = $500. Impact 100 EB will contribute $500;
- Year-3. Member contribution = $650. Impact 100 EB will contribute $350.
- The member is expected to make the full $1000 membership contribution in Year 4 and beyond.