Participate and Become a Member
We hope you join/rejoin Impact 100 East Bay – there is no better way to make a difference in the community with confidence that your donation will be used as intended.
The Membership Form (below) describes payment and participation options. You can:
- Print the form and mail it in with a check to the address indicated;
- E-mail the form to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credit card payment information.
Participate and Become a Member
Member Impact, Benefits & Involvement
- Your $1,000 donation makes a 100-fold impact when it is pooled with our other members.
- Members vote to select the recipient of the Annual Impact Grant(s).
- Members meet the non-profit organizations by participating in site visits and/or by meeting them at the Annual Community Event.
- Members meet other women in the community and make new friends.
Members not only vote to determine the grant recipient(s), but also provide input on strategies, policies, events, etc. Members are invited to participate in committees:
- Grants – Evaluate grant applications, participating in site visits, selecting finalists, working with non-profit organizations
- Membership –Network and support recruiting events to grow the number of members; present to groups to publicize Impact 100 East Bay and get the word out.
- Marketing and Communication – Write, develop and ensure we have a strategic, consistent and clear brand, image and message.
- Sponsorship – Seek financial support from individuals and businesses for our organization.
- Event – Our annual event brings together our grant finalists, members and guests for a fun evening where members ultimately vote and select the grant recipient(s) for the year.
Members can participate in all of our activities and can vote at the Awards Meeting.
Maintain all rights of a Member. Provide an extra $100, $200, or more to help defray the modest administrative costs for our all-volunteer organization.
Friends provide funds to support Impact 100 East Bay. Despite being a 100% volunteer organization, we still have operating costs of web hosting, insurance, etc. Friends can attend free social and educational events and can purchase ticket(s) to attend the Annual Community Celebration. However, Friends do not have voting rights.
Join a Committee
Once you become a Member of Impact100 East Bay, you may wish to participate on one of our standing committees:
Grants is responsible for engaging and informing East Bay non-profits about the Impact 100 process; vetting grant proposals throughout the process; determining financial viability (i.e. financial stability and accounting compliance); conducting site visits, and recommending the finalists to be presented for the full membership vote at the annual Grant Awards Meeting. If you are interested in serving on the Grant Committee, contact email@example.com. This committee welcomes all members, but specifically needs those who have a familiarity with accounting or financial statements, analytical individuals who can use criteria and a framework to reach a conclusion, and in particular, those who are interested in engaging with and learning more about the East Bay’s non-profits in need. Membership, Recruiting, and Engagement is responsible for formulating strategies for member recruitment, event planning, and maintaining a focused effort to retain and engage existing Impact 100 East Bay members. Membership also provides pre- and post-event support, including identification of sites, logistical and budget support, planning strategies and event staging.
New ideas and members for the committee are always welcome. If you are interested developing and maintaining a vibrant Impact 100 community, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We have specific needs for members who are great networkers, strong communicators via social media, and can help shape unique venues and messages targeted to a diverse group of people.
Communications is responsible to establish the overall brand and message of Impact 100 East Bay, convey information to the Impact100 membership and build awareness for the organization and its mission within the community. The committee is also in charge of sharing our grant recipient’s stories and highlighting how their efforts were transformed through the grant. Communication is achieved through press releases, articles, event photography, and updates to our website, LinkedIn and Facebook sites. Ultimately this committee may decide to publish a periodic newsletter. Communications is also responsible for meeting materials and invitations, development of copy, invitations and signage. If you have marketing, PR, social media, videography skills, enjoy writing and/or event photography, contact email@example.com.
Impact 100 East Bay Board Participation – We are currently forming our Board and have specific needs for members that have driven communications or membership strategies, or those with legal or financial expertise. If you are interested in participating in board work, or know of an Impact 100 member who might have interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.